Buying Property or Living in Mexico?
You Need the Right
Expert on Your Side
The One with the Most Thorough Understanding
of the Legal Issues that Effect You Because
You Live at the Intersection of U.S. and Mexico Law
While practicing law in the U.S., I developed a fascination with Mexico and, like you, decided to relocate.
Getting the Mexican government to authorize us to provide a full range of legal services to U.S. citizens in Mexico took quite a bit of time and effort, but by 1994 we were officially recognized.
We've been preserving our client's wealth ever since. Even after 16 years, we are still the only US lawyers in Mexico authorized by the Mexican government to practice both US and Mexico law.
I hope that you read the rest of our site and contact us for help. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Janet L. Folsom
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Founding Partner, Folsom Y Asociados, S.C.
US Citizens Living or Investing in Mexico
Mexico Estate Planning
It is Our Responsibility to You
to Protect Your Investments
We do this by confirming the legality
of every step of your transaction.
It is our mission to provide you with legal services that protect you and your family's financial assets to the fullest extent of both Mexico and United States laws.
Cancun Maya Riviera Mexico Attorney
Mexico Real Estate Law
What We Do For You
We work with you to ensure a successful outcome for all of your financial planning and legal transactions.
Here's an example of the principles that we use to protect your assets, regardless of your situation.
Let's say you decide to purchase real estate around Cancun or the Maya Riviera, here's what you can expect us to do for you...
- Ensure the legality. So that you know if the land can be sold, we research and investigate every aspect of your land purchases.
- Determine whether, in the end, the transaction will meet your definition of success. We analyze all legal aspects of your transactions.
- Because there is no standard Mexico real estate contract, we ensure that the contracts are legal, binding, enforceable, and that you know what they say.
- Because Mexico Law is significantly different than that in the U.S. we inform you about the Mexican legal system and business protocol so that you don't inadvertently create avoidable problems.
- We also guide you through the local culture. Particularly here in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Riviera Maya.
- Last but certainly not least, we advise you on the legal implications and risks that the transaction will have on your U.S. estate and finances.
Investing and living in Mexico, can be confusing for you. With all of the cultural and legal differences between the two countries, its hard to know who to trust and what to do. Often you don't know if you are getting a straight answer.
By far the best thing you can do to protect your assets to the fullest extent of both U.S. and Mexico law is to have the right legal representation on your side.
Call us to schedule a free consultation
Find out how you can reduce your legal and financial risk
by having legal representation.